Greene Realty Group does not accept a comprehensive reusable tenant screening report, as defined by RCW 59.18.257
Rental History: 12 months valid, verifiable rental history. If rental history is less than 12 months then an increased deposit may be requested, recommendation will be dependent on credit history, level of income and length of employment. Rental reference may not be accepted from family or friends.
Credit History: At least 4 accounts established for 1 year in good standing. If derogatory credit history within the last 24 months (excluding medical collections) is in excess of $100 an increased deposit may be requested, recommendation will be dependent on level of income and length of rental history.
Employment: 12 months with current employer or previous employment in same field of work or verifiable income for last 12 months.
Income: 3 times the rental amount. If income is less than 3 times, but more than 2.5 times the rental amount then an increased deposit may be requested. Final recommendation will be dependent on level of income, length of rental history and credit history.
Acceptable documentation for verifiable income varies based on the income source. Generally accepted documentation may include 2 consecutive (recent) paystubs, most recent tax returns, W2, Leave & Earnings Statement (LES), Statement of Social Security Benefits, I20 (International Students), etc.
Federal, State, and local subsidies will not be considered in rent-to-income ratio.
Grounds for Denial:
- Verified eviction showing on credit report, public record or confirmed with landlord Rental collections that are unpaid or verified on credit report
- Balance owing to landlord
- 3 or more late payments and/or NSF checks within a year
- Falsification of rental application
- Breaking lease agreement that will result in collection filing
- Open Bankruptcy
- Income that is less than 2.5 times the rental amount
We do not automatically deny applicants based on criminal history. Rather, criminal history is considered based on the nature of the offense and time passed since the date of final disposition (e.g. applicant was released from prison, probation or parole). We limit consideration to those convictions, the dates of final disposition of which pre-date the report by no more than seven years.
Note that convictions for the following offenses may result in denial:
- Murder (1st and 2nd degree)
- Kidnapping (All counts)
- Manslaughter (1st degree)
- Theft (1st & 2nd degree)
- Assault (1st, 2nd & 3rd degree)
- urglary (1st, 2nd degree & vehicle prowling 1st degree)
- Robbery (1st & 2nd degree)
- Malicious Mischief (1st degree)
- Rape (All counts)
- Arson (1st, 2nd degree & Reckless Burning 1st degree)
- Child molestation (All counts)
- Possession with intent to Deliver illegal substance(s) (All counts)
- Outstanding Criminal warrant(s)
- Terror Related Activity
Any criminal conviction which results in a registered sex offender requirement and/or any sex offender registry requirement.
A criminal record search will be performed for felony and misdemeanor offenses. All felony and misdemeanor offenses must be disclosed on the rental application.